View Single Post

Garage
Robby,

I wasn't sure what grille you were referring to in your earlier post but now I see you mean the grille in the spoiler housing the A/C condenser and intercooler. It is not so easy to prise a gap without damaging both the grille and bodywork. Maybe the grille on my 1989 930 is different from yours, it is louvred but also houses a bird guard, I don't see how I could get it back to be flush with the bodywork as it is now even with screws which would not look good.
If I remove the internal bulkhead covering below the back window won't i find the cable there? Maybe if I can get to the back of the T handle where the cable begins I can work from there, it must run through the car at some point surely.
I take JR's point about letting a Porsche shop take responsibility etc but this is not a complicated "race tuning" issue, it is not highly technical but a b***** nuisance so I will keep on trying myself for now.
If I succeed then maybe this thread can help the next DIYer when he has a similar problem and nothing seems to work.
I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)