Thread: 930 Wanted!
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferraripete View Post
it was a 6 figure car back when it was unloved at 60k...that car of mang's is the perfect example of a car for the discriminating buyer that wants a zero excuses 930.

the way to sell that car is to literally tell any prospect to go test the market and look at a bunch of cars...then look at mang's car and be happy to pay up and have no regrets

a lovely and totally stock 930...he will sell that car someday and I am certain it will be a 6 figure transaction.

pcb
Beautifully stated Pete, thanks for that, and my sentiment exactly. They are only original once and RARELY this exceptional. I have always acquired the MOST expensive/extreme example of any car I am passionate about, and paid highest prices for my cars (above market)....and nearly always easily sold for MORE - but years later, not the quick flip for 10-20% gains. On top of that, acquirers of my cars have also done very well when they sold. Top examples trade hands at a different level. I recognized this particular car was potentially going to be a world class collectible more than a decade ago....and have been preserving it since. My patience is finally gonna be rewarded when I sell. We aren't talking Mangusta or Countach money, where I saw acquirers of those two cars see 100's of thousands$$ of GAIN when they flipped due to a spike after I sold...aaarrrggghhhh!

I am not claiming mine is the worlds best 930, but when you factor in all variables, it is right up there. Thanks for all positive props amigos. Njcycleguy does seem to be the perfect acquirer "building a collection" and prefers black/black, hmmmm? Is there a trusted Pelicanite who's word you would all trust who wants to visit beautiful Lake Tahoe and inspect my black beast and report back to the masses what I have been going on about all this time?

No one has even ventured to have a look! Based on my claims, this is the FIRST car I would have arranged to see....and the one I would acquire upon inspection. But that's just me

Again, apologies for the ramble and thread deviation, but the discussion is a good one and full of passion, LOVE your's RobbyG!

This all deserves a random photo

ps...I was relieved when he passed without looking based on too high a price, as I am still confident that it will bring much more a year or even months from now.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)