View Single Post
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
if I SWAP OUT the fender until and SWAP IN the front mount, do you think I'd be better off than stock?
I would say that a single front mount cooler will perform better than the single fender mount. Better airflow through the cooler. I can't understand why you would swap vs. run both. Both will be better...I think the cost of the plumbing to run just a front mount vs. both coolers is a wash, so the only possible benefit of running only a front mount is if you can sell your fender mount...how much $ is that going to be? Not enough to make it more valuable than having two coolers IMO. Keep a cooler in your fender, but see if you can swap your Carrera cooler for the 28 tube brass unit. IMO this one is better for the fender location because it's a heat sink, rather than radiator style unit that requires airflow. The airflow sucks in the fender unless you've got some serious ducting going on, or better yet, the headlight bucket removed.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)