View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Do you have fuel pressure data at these points:
> system pressure
> warm control pressure
> full boost control pressure
You say the engine is a '76, is the WUR Bosch number 0 438 140 022?
Is the fuel head # 0 438 100 037?
What is the full list of your mods?
Hi thanks for the help. Keep in mind I'm new with Turbo cars and not super with CIS in general so I'll give the info I can, I am happy to try to get more.

System pressure is 6.3 bar as tested by closing T fitting with CIS gauges hooked up to WUR
Warm pressure is 3.6 bar
Not sure how to get boost control pressure but can try tomorrow
I believe the WUR is the 022, I have to double check that and the fuel head tomorrow morning.

Car is new to me. Previous owner has not given me any documentation yet, probably never will. The engine was supposedly rebuilt 300 miles ago with ported and polished heads and stock intake. He adapted a 3.3 intercooler, the turbo is a fresh K27, stainless headers, Synapse wastegate and diverter valve. Second fuel pump is Bosch 044 in 034 Motorsports scavenge tank. Car/engine does not have things like SMOG equip, AAR, A/C, etc

I just took the car out again earlier and as I mentioned, its strange to me that I can get into boost when it's cold and the AFRs go down to 10-11 but as it warms up it gets more and more lean to the point I can't get on boost at all.

Also did a CO test and it's running a 9.99% plus at idle
Old 01-18-2014, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)