View Single Post
930T Owner

Garage
LED's are available. 1156 for markers and reverse, and 1157 for the stop lights and blinkers. You'll also need a BA9s (four of them) for the side indicators front and rear . Blinkers will become problematic without a load resistor or changing the flasher out. You can change to this flasher and you'll be able to run LED's and not have any issues with the blinkers: CF13GL-02 LED Bulb Electronic Flasher | Flashers & Load Resistors | Car Bulb Installation Supplies | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

The brake lights and markers aren't a problem since they're 1156's.

As for the tail lenses; it's purely a matter of taste for you. I would suggest taking a look at Sierra Madre Collection. They offer very nice quality reproduction tail light assemblies at a fraction of the cost. I took my original reds off and installed a set of reds from Sierra Madre so I could preserve my original lenses. They have the US, Euro and Italian versions, depending on your taste.

Sierra Madre Collection: 911 / 356 Porsche Parts | Porsche, Wurth and Fuchs Wheels | Sierra Madre Collection

As for the assemblies, they also have a replacement set available if you don't want to mess with cleaning up your tail lights now.

Best of luck!

Chris.
2016 Cayman GT4
2012 911 Cup
Old 01-19-2014, 11:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)