View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
any electrical geniuses here? H1 100w/100w Q

Got me a set of H1's coming finally, been wanting these for a loooooong time and finally pulled the trigger on a set.

GIDDY!

I'm, er AIMING to run 100w/100w as well as run lo/hi simultaneouslike for the ultimate in Just Not Right lighting (I live in the sticks), and am wondering if any of youses har can shed any, ahem... LIGHT on the matter (boooooo... yeah, I know).

I ordered the JWest relay kit from our host as well as socket converters, and have done some reading here (911 Tech forum) but questions linger, as my level of electrical acumen tops out at don't stick yer finger into a power outlet and the fact that many (wrongly) suspect that I grew up under high tension power lines or near a nuke plant.

So...

What has to be done to run lo/hi simultaneous?

Will I melt the wires integral to the units (brown ones on back)?

Will I melt the plugs?

Will I melt the reflectors

Are there any other wires upstream that need to be addressed when running such set up?

Any gotchyas or suggestions otherwise?

Any install notes / diagrams / pictures / etc.? I'm not that smaht.

I sooooocannot wait... this setup will ROCK worlds beyond the infernally insipid H5s. Barely more output than the pair of candles on the nose of my former TR3. They're FS on the classifieds pair of H5's and Guards trim rings if anyone's looking for a set (what, my scintillating review of them isn't a good sales pitch?).

TIA gents...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-21-2014, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)