View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Tim-

So you're suggesting (or Chris is) to run HID's in an H1 housing / lens?

Everything I've ever read (Daniel Stern, etc.) suggests that doing such just tosses out an enormous amount of light basically everywhere and nowhere simultaneouslike.

Am I confuzor'd? (typical)

I'm pretty certain H1's mit 100/100 or even 100/130 as some are known to run are gonna be the cat'sass 8-).

And there's simply no refuting the look. Sexxxxaaaaaaaaaaay, even in their just out of the box just out of the 15-20yr barn sentence motif as modeled har:

fretnot! A little spitshine and Bob's mah uncle!:

How kewl is that fer hmmm $630shipped 8-). Muwhahahaaa...

I finally got to do a live compare contrasto that I'd only yet been able to do virtually via online pixorz and was able to at last quantify what exactly it is about an H1 that looks sodamncool compared to godawful H5's.

The face of the H1 is nearly 1/2" longer - meaning - it has significantly more of surface area to it:

(OK, so you can't read ^the tape^ but use yer imagination?)

The H5s taper inward from the trim ring considerably in all directions, leaving a much smaller diameter face. The H1s are loud 'n proud and in yo face - love it.

I'm torn on the trim rings... chrome is very 'right' for the units. Thing is, it's also very wrong for a 930 IMO what with all the black trim. Alas, I'm likely gonna send these (and my shotgunblasted Flag mirrors) in with the dp front valance for Guards sprayin. I'm torn, but I'm thinking I don't really have a choice here...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 01-21-2014 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: I am teh suk
Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)