View Single Post

Garage
A different type of paint job

First it was a silly thought i was discussing with my partner on how good rustoleum Rubber spray is for respraying and repairing spoilers and such and what if i were to buy 6 or 7 cans of it and paint the whole car with it? She thought it would be a great idea and im starting to agree as there are more positives than negatives to this idea./

the biggest negative i could think of would be the textured surface have a lot of wind resistance.

But the positives, !!

Can be painted in the garage with minimum of fuss

You could keep a can handy in the glovebox for those days when a shopping trolley or car door scrapes your paint you can just give it a quick light spray and you'd have an instant repair!!

Matt black looks mean

Can spray the whole car in under an hour and under $200

No Painting skill needed, just point and spray, the paint will not run or bubble always a perfect finish and when done you never need to wax and polish again, maybe some armor all or tyre shine?

Car will have superior rust and vibration resistance

As ill be putting on a roof anyway the car will need a new paint job so i may try the rubber spray on it as a test subject, the more i think about it the more i like the idea, because it will be easy to do, there will be no problem with runnning paint or orange peel no need to sand the body smooth first,, labour would be cut down by 90%

heres the fuel cover and front spoiler i sprayed with it already as it had nicks and generally worse for wear, imagine if the whole car had this finish?? im tempted to try.. anyone seen a similar car done like this?

It could be a future trend

Old 01-23-2014, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)