View Single Post

I've used a similar rattle-can product called PlastiDip (spray on rubberized). If you lay it on thick enough it will flow to a pretty smooth surface (just lightly textured).

I currently have it on my Toyota FJ Cruiser just to black out certain areas for cosmetic reasons only (like the wheels, bumpers, racing stripes on the hood, stuff like that that's God awful OEM silver). It's been on for about a year now.

They make black, white, and I think maybe even red colors. It's a good way to experiement with different color accents, designs, etc. to see if you like the affect without committing to permanent paint. Don't like it, just peel it off. It's durable enough to serve some protection from small stone impacts and such. I've seen people paint their entire vehicle with it.

For our cars, I could see a definite application for the rear fender flare stone guards...just mask the area and spray away. And oh....they also make a clear product.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)