View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
AFR values should be authentic with the bung in that location.
Is the stumble a carry-over from the original WUR to the replacement?
I ask that because the metering plate assembly / fuel head can be the culprit. If the fuel head piston does not move at a twitch of your big toe there will be a lean stumble off idle.
I assume all of the items you are working on are original and not rebuilt. You might be pushing a rope if these items are worn and out of spec.
I disagree about the bung location. I think you meant to advise the O2 sensor be mounted a few inches after the turbine outlet. Usually between the turbine outlet and the muffler inlet or some people mount it at the muffler outlet.
High pressures and high heat mounted before the turbine inlet will destroy the sensor in time and give inaccurate readings.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 01-23-2014, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)