Thread: Ported K27 7006
View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Heck, I don't know. Constant tinnitus....yes, for more years than I can remember. Too much cacophony of glorious other sounds back there. Maybe I'm mistaking it for the fan whirring as they do. Oh well, put me in a loud bar scene with a bunch of chicks trying to tell me they want to do nasty things to my body parts, and I'll just nod my head as stare at their body parts and attempt to read lips.
what?
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Damn I hear you (there I go again) about the loud bar scene... that is categorically the worst scenario for me. I can hear amazingly... until there's background noise. Then it's nod and smile time.

Knew my Comp Turbo reference would summon up the evil spirits of Pete, and Jake's classic montage. I do enjoy watching that now and again as time passes (damn, 4yrs now!). It's like a dream. A really fookin good dream.

Good point on the RL8 nomenclature Jake... we got ours @ ~ same time, who knows what they were back then. All I know is mine's loud (good loud), and allowed the turbine to emit absurdly giggletastic whilstely noises even pre-headers.

Dokktah's K29 / Zork are of mention as well... with the cams, the combo is outright comedically silly sounding. Bonerific. Two of the best sounding 930s I've heard...

ps. good luck on the pipes, that blows. Fuchthis coldshart!!! Time to f'n move.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-24-2014, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)