View Single Post

Disaster strikes, I'm finished (GRAFFIC!!)

Friends, grab a stiff drink - you'll need it (has been working for me anyway). Saturday night, I come home from a 20 minute trip to the grocery store to find my house in flames. 12 firefighters and three trucks put it out before it burned down the whole damb sheebang. Nobody home but my dogs and African Gray...and the firefighters rescued them.

Started in the garage, and guess what was stored in there. Everything....every focking thing...in the garage is melted down, major FUBAR. The 930, 3 dirt bikes, one Harley, and my Mistu 3000GT parked out in the driveway, all my tools....all toast.

It's done, it's over, it's been fun, but time to pick up the pieces. I have no idea yet what the cause was (the firefighters investigation points to my main power feed at the breaker panel, a major short) but I guess we'll have to wait for the insurance investigator to make sure I wasn't doing anything fraudulent (as in arson) or that there wasn't something else they can blame it on and not pay out. Have I ever told you how I feel about insurance companies? Let's hope I change my mind about them.

This'll tear your hearts out. I'll still lurk around here but for sure cannot see myself ever behind the wheel of a 930 again. Once I get a chance I'll hose down the engine bay and see if it's even worth pulling and parting out. Most likely, not. 20 gallons of gasoline did the nasty on everything. The house is not habitable for the foreseeable future. Luckily my 86 year old mom lives just a few blocks away.

Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)