View Single Post

Thanks for the replies gents. Found a small vacuum leak (finally) coming from the gasketed area of the crankcase breather. Tightened those nuts and it seems to be gone.

However, the car still runs like *****. When fired it up cold it will run and rev ok. I don't dare take it around the block anymore, as once it gets warm it will go super lean to the point you can't raise the RPMs past 2600 while stationary. My mechanic is pretty good at this CIS stuff and he is running out of ideas.

Yesterday we replaced the forward fuel pump (the later one is pretty new and still showed 140psi) as a trial, as well as the fuel filter. And cleaned, inspected every fuel fitting as well as checked all hoses, checked for more vac leaks, etc.

I think I am going to have to replace the fuel head with a known working one, even though this one was just gone through. Now it seems like something is failing once it gets warm (hence the fuel pump trial) as the car has gotten worse, meaning that I cannot even drive it around the block anymore.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2014, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)