View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorian930 View Post
Hard images to look at, i feel you pain.

For the moment, even if you run all scenarios possible in your head, you'll just go mad before Friday.

For now, there's nothing you can do. Take a step back and wait for the insurance report. From there, you'll be able to make some decisions. Until then, you'll only hurt yourself.

I'm really glad to see that NO ONE was hurt in the event. Like it's been said before, they are just toys and they can get replaced in a near future.
Great advice, I'm just totally whipped right now. I'm stepping back, have had the insurance adjuster in (he agrees with the fault being with the main feed to the circuit panel box), and just finished with a contractor to begin the restoration process. Estimated 5 months until re-occupancy.

Homeowner insurance won't cover the vehicle losses....no suprise. Their logic is that those things are supposed to be covered by auto insurance. Too bad.....so sad....yada yada yada. My home was secure, I do (did) not drive the car in the winter months, so did not insure it during hibernation. Which means I'm not just focked, but totally focked.

Oh well, words of wisdom: when you gamble, you may win for a while, but somebody has to lose. I lost. Suggest you add a carrier to your homeowners insurance for auto coverage, or keep your insurance active. We learn by our serious lapses of judgement.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)