View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceboy View Post
Single plug requires at least 20 degrees of advance, especially with the large combustion chamber of 3.4 but with pump fuel you will be knock-limited.

I would prefer running lower boost but closer to MBT which would create less heat and more power.
Also if you did get knock in current temperatures (in Tx that is, here it is -17C at the moment) you will damage the engine for sure in summer.

The best solution is to add toluene or xylene to gas (no more than 30%) which would let you run 5-6 degrees more advance over current setup easily at 1.4 bars and make much more power without fearing of detonation (though cylinder pressures will be high as they supposed to be at those power levels).
My guestimate would be that engine makes ~700hp @ 1.4 bar and 28 degrees of advance with higher octane fuel.
Has anyone ever run Toluene in a injection system? I always wondered about this? I think is is pretty hard on plastic parts though. Philip
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8 dual/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LC-1/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin plug coil packs/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. SDS EFI tuning always in progress. 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)