View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akila View Post
It hurts me to hear about such an unfortunate accident to such a helpful guy.
As a part time insurance adjuster, I inquired about this particular case. As far as homeowners insurance, unless it was some how related to the home, like a golf cart used to transport the tools to fix the house, a Homeowners policy will not cover.
I believe you are correct. After pouring over my policy fine print, what you've said is almost word for word boiler plate.

I do believe, good friends, that the pooch is screwed.

This morning I slopped around in the dark, sooty garage and scope out the damage. Hey....guess what....the IC survived and is now in my box of firesale stuff (can't believe it didn't melt). I think I'm gonna have all scrap (the 'other' car and bikes) hauled away but leave the 930 - which is probably the stupidest goddamn thing a person should do and I may change my mind. Just thinking that someone could find a use for the motor and transmission as-is (probably just re-seal, a couple of wires, a few hoses here and there, just a couple thousand $$ of odds and ends and she may breathe again). Ha, pipe dream.

My adjuster seems well thought of, and I don't feel he's going to screw me relative to fixing the house. The car thing is something he can't change, he doesn't write the policies.

You guys have all got me shedding tears with your generous words, and I'm not talking money. I am so deeply touched as never before in my life.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)