View Single Post
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
I think I'm gonna have all scrap (the 'other' car and bikes) hauled away but leave the 930 - which is probably the stupidest goddamn thing a person should do and I may change my mind. Just thinking that someone could find a use for the motor and transmission as-is (probably just re-seal, a couple of wires, a few hoses here and there, just a couple thousand $$ of odds and ends and she may breathe again). Ha, pipe dream.
Don't say "fuk it" and change your mind, Mark - even if the engine and trans are not usable as a whole, there are likely many parts within them that someone would love to have (and pay good money for). I've been slowly parting out a 914 that I have owned for over 25 years, and have found that even the seemingly most insignificant part is wanted by someone, worldwide. I've recently had a guy from South Africa buy over $200 dollars worth of brackets, knobs and wire connectors (stuff I thought no one would possibly want), and he was thrilled to get them.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)