Thread: auto heat
View Single Post

I havn't backdated to the lever system but Frank has and his works smooth and great. He did a nice job installing it. Cost isn't much because you use the same cables that are already in the car.
You see them in the classifieds every now and then. Some look crappy and the red knobs on the levers are bleached out from the sun and others are almost like new.
Some of them have the nice hand throttle lever with round black knob on the left side that has a plastic and still available new linkage piece that operates the throttle linkage rod in the center tunnel and the red knob heat lever(s) on the right side.
There's different ones from different years and I've seen them for sale on the classifieds from around $30 on up to around $100 depending how nice they are.

I would have backdated it by now but mine still works after modifying it. From the thick folder of receipts I got with my car the previous owner paid around $800 for a new auto heat box around 9 years ago.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)