View Single Post

Do your best to prevent future rodent infestations as mice and rats can do much more harm to your car than simply stinking it up. Years ago a buddy of mine asked me if I would go with him to inspect a couple of British sports cars that were for sale. The cars were being stored in someone's barn, so the cars' owner was going to meet us there at the appointed time. When the owner arrived and the barn doors were slid open, we caught sight of a very dusty Austin Healey 100-6 and an equally dusty TR-3. We were excited until we opened the driver's door on the Healey to find all the upholstery missing or destroyed among huge piles of rodent droppings. Worse yet the fresh air and defroster/heater ducts were totally eaten away and virtually all of the insulation on the wiring harness was gone. Both cars were old enough to still have fabric covered wiring, so in addition to complete new interiors, both cars were going to require complete new wiring harnesses. As I recall, the owner of the two cars nearly became physically ill after discovering what had happened to his cars that he had put into storage.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)