View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Mark's 930-a-thon! *please read / please HELP*

Longtime Pelican 930 forum member Mark Houghton shared with us all last week Disaster strikes, I'm finished (GRAFFIC!!) that he suffered an unfortunate and unimaginable loss, as a disastrous fire severely damaged his home and completey destroyed his beloved '87 Grand Prix White 930, his Mitsubishi VR4, his Harley Davidson, and three motorcross bikes.

As devastating of a loss this is for him to experience, it was compounded by the fact that... Mark opted to suspend his insurance during winter storage for these items and is left with nothing.

While this is a sad consequence of his insurance strategy, we believe this is not a loss anyone should have to face.

Mark has been a helpful and friendly asset to the 930 forum for many years, eagerly sharing the expertise he had gleaned from this group.

Upon hearing of Mark's terrible situation, the level and speed of unanimous desire to help felt amongst the forum was palpable - and it was decided that we would begin a campaign to get Mark back into a 930 once again.

Being a man of pride and humility, Mark felt the natural reluctance for such an endeavor to proceed. Our argument? Most anyone spends $100 in a day or a week so frivolously that if a mere 350 of us instead diverted such frivolity toward Mark's cause, we could rectify this problem very quickly.

Mark has requested that if we are to proceed with this, that someone else run it. As it was me that initially quantified what was already on the minds of many others, we have agreed that I will act as Fiduciary of this campaign.

We encourage you to visit Mark's Fire Recovery Fund | Help a Neighbor - YouCaring.com, where you will learn some interesting bits about Mark, see some footage of his formerly beautiful 930 - before & after, with pictures and video.

And then we encourage you to support Mark with a contribution to help us reach our goal. Please also share this link throughout your various networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, enthusiast forums, and your own personal contacts!

Be sure to read all of the details of this effort, and then browse the site's FAQ to appease any concerns you might have. Please also contact me directly at any time with any questions.

We all eagerly look forward to enabling Mark to move past this challenging chapter of his life, and to once again enjoy unbridled WOT upshifts in a 930!

Warm regards,

-Pelican 930 Forum members

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 01-31-2014 at 05:43 PM..
Old 01-31-2014, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)