View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
A.I.R. dp-style front valance install

and so it begins...

Greyhound finally shipped my valance yesterday, almost 3wks from CA to CT... weather delays likely.

Rough-hung it tonight to start getting a feel of fitment issues. Some nominal trimming needed around the bellows, but overall a very sturdy and decent looking item it would seem.

Also received my H1 trim ring trim rings... primed and ready for paint. Once again, pls sexcuse the garbagio cellshotz... f'n laptop USB is blocked so txt'ing pics is easiest workaround (notquite a reacharound)... driver lense saggage due to adjusters disconnected for lense R&R

With the paintwork it made sense to address my shotgunblasted side mirror caps, so off they came too. And I've always wanted to slot-vent my rear bumper ala bkreigsr's motif har, so that'll get yoinked this week as well - trying to lump all the paintwork into one Magic Bullet where possible:

What a kick in the frickin yonson that you pretty much have to cut the mirror cables... wasn't in the mood to unpin 97 wires from each connector and then feed each one thru, soooooo... snip! off they came. Joy.

Reading up on it, seems that's the route most take. Frustrating, I'm sure that'll pose quite the crimping treat when reassemble time comes. Awesome.

Projekt 126 simultaneouslike randomish projects, continues...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-31-2014, 10:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)