View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The vent line is zip-tied to the K&N cone filter, and yes a small amount of goo dripped out of the line. I now am re-thinking the routing for the vent line on my custom turbo sump tanks. It may be better to run a loop up to the hieght of the tin and then come down to just below the tank so the goo or oil vents under the car instead of creating a mess hidden in the air cleaner assemble or in the engine bay. It's a heck of a lot easier to see as well. In this case early detection may save your engine. No doubt my engine oil now has exhaust gas condensation mixed in.

Adjusting the WUR is a see-saw of sorts as each action affects the others somewhat. Starting at stock specs for system pressure and control pressures the control pressure on boost is leaned at threshold and then checked at full boost redline. You then play with those parameters in tiny increments. It takes a few hours if you've never done it before, depending on how strictly you wish to dial it in. Good to remember everything works in ranges, not absolutes. What is dialed in perfectly today will be slightly differerent tomorrow depending on weather, heat, etc. Just about anything is better than pig rich stock.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #556 (permalink)