View Single Post

Garage
Suspension upgrade. 30 or 31 that is the Q

Hi. Last summer >I finished my engine upgrade on my 1980 930 as seen in my signature. We estimate 400-450 HP. I will dyno this spring.

Now its time for a suspension upgrade. Since this is primarely a road car for fun and road trips, I don't want to go too extreme. I take it to the track with the local Porsche clup events, and hope for a trip to Nurburgring this summer, but its all for fun.

I have been communicating with some of the well known suspension dealers for 911's, and have come up with this package:

22/30 or 31 hollow torsion bars
Elephant Poly bronze all round
Elephant front control arm mount
Hi. Last summer >I finished my engine upgrade on my 1980 930 as seen in my signature. We estimate 400-450 HP. I will dyno this spring.

Now its time for a suspension upgrade. Since this is primarely a road car for fun and road trips, I don't want to go too extreme. I take it to the track with the local Porsche clup events, and hope for a trip to Nurburgring this summer, but its all for fun.

I have been communicating with some of the well known suspension dealers for 911's, and have come up with this package:

22/30 or 31 hollow torsion bars
Elephant Poly bronze all round
Elephant front control arm mount
Front camber plate rubber bushing
Rack spacer bump steer kit
Bilstein sports front and rear
Rubber trailing arm bushing
D-Zug 935 cross bar (for its share awsome look)
and maybe the Quick change splined hub from Elephant (any experience with this)

The things that I am most uncertain about is the size rear torsion bar. 30 or 31? and rubber or monoballs for front camber plate and trailing arm. As can be understood from my engine build, I'm looking for a real sporty ride, but without being a bone shattering ride. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a STREET car, and not a racer. Too much cool stuff in these web shops.

For the guys with upgraded suspension. What is your experience with these bar sizes, and with the monoballs. Some tell me monoballs will give a really harsh ride, other say it will only increase road noise. I'd like to hear from you who drive a similar setup daily.

btw. I will look at sway bars might later

Thx
1972 BMW 3.0S

Last edited by aseem; 02-04-2014 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: ..
Old 02-04-2014, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)