View Single Post

Mine's done.
Money well spent. It could be money pissed up a wall in a bar some night (gave that sort of stuff up a while ago), or it could be money WELL SPENT, like now.
Our race group had a similar event 2-3 yrs back. We have this (70 yrs old approx.) guy who has been racing his little car for years - like half a lifetime. He had been diagnosed with ill health, and at the same time sold some precious bits to fund a new motor. His car got rolled in an incident that had nothing to do with him. He had no more funds to repair it and it was really the end of his racing. Our group of 30 odd chipped in without him knowing and presented him with the funds for the repair bill. We could chew this stuff back and forth - like the PM poster to Paul - what if this, what if that. But at the end of the day, if it feels right, it is right.
It cost me a few hundred $'s to contribute to my fellow racers campaign,which really had no effect on my lifestyle - a tyre for the car maybe. He is still racing with us today and everytime I see him turn up at the track I get a buzz from seeing the guy still out there doing it. Money well spent then, and now.
Step up guys.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 02-07-2014, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)