View Single Post
930T Owner

Garage
I think the first question you have to ask is if you own the car to drive it, or is it an investment? Seems lately a lot of 930 owners are so fixated on the value of the car; I bought mine to DRIVE it.

Enjoy it man and don't sweat the value. Personally speaking - if I was going to do paint work to a car, I would take the plunge and do it all. Would be hard to match up panels without blending and then you're digging into the paint anyhow.

But like I said - you just need to evaluate your ownership position in the car. If you want to have fun, have fun and don't fixate on value. If you want to maintain value then you should leave it alone as it seems value is closely tied to originality with these cars.

The choice is yours my friend. I say - HAVE FUN.

Chris.

P.S. - I just wanted to say the main reason I bought a 930 was so that I could own a car that was a pleasure to drive and wouldn't depreciate immensely over the years while allowing me to enjoy it. Had I wanted to own a car as an investment, I would have bought a 993TT.
2016 Cayman GT4
2012 911 Cup
Old 02-11-2014, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)