View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
Robby, I feel you'r trying to bring her back to stock and this would bring it away from that. This is the hole for torsion bar replacement and uses a cover from the factory, which I think looks correct.
As for brake cooling, there are less obvious scoops used for track days and are effective or so I'm told.

Ok my bad sorry Karuysp, must be the medication i get paranoid, missus keeps telling me to cut down on the paint chips

Ok so in factory form the holes are covered with the splash guards then?
i get it,
ill need to find a less obvious scoop then an aesthetic looking dam to integrate into it, i like the bare steel showing on it would look better my opinion, than to have guards covering it completely, ill google a few images see some other mods

Ive actually now changed/converted my stance on the stock thing..

The car will stay a matching numbers car but i want it to go faster, look better but want to keep with Porsche parts (outside of the msd ignition i am buying)

As so far ive
upgraded later model brakes, (porsche)

bought an IC from a later model 930 car, yet to put in, waiting on inlet manifold and diverter valve housing, (Porsche)

getting a roof for it as currently its a dry weather car as there is no roof, no cab roof on it, nothing lol, but its quite light , might keep it like that for a while

Extra oil cooler (porsche)

that sort of thing,
im confident that keeping most of the upgrades installed factory porsche, it is an improvement to the car both in value (value debatable) and reliability

But if done right i feel great added value can be had by updating an early 930 with late model 930 replacement parts, or at least it wont devalue it too much.

Last edited by Robbbyg; 02-11-2014 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: adding info
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)