View Single Post
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Tippy, was your 3.2 a G50 car or a 915? I've got a 915 and I would like to run up around 1 bar but I'm pretty sure I'll be tranny shopping in short order. I have no problem skill and equipment wise to drop the engine and tranny and do heads rings rod bolts and a reseal. Do the clutch while I am in there and maybe strengthen the 915 box. Still, it is still a weak link. After investing all the money to do that it will only be worth a bit more than it was before I added the turbo. I am on a budget and am still working for a living. So I am wondering if I should Cash out of the beautiful, good condition Targa I have and look for a G50 car with a few challenges body or engine wise. Then build what I like and not worry about degrading a nice car or loosing value as much. Like maybe a DE car that some poor soul made a money shift on, and doesn't want to do an engine. Perhaps a bad paint job or a rebuild title. I would really appreciate input from anyone, thinking about which way to go is taking up way to much of my limited mental resources.
G50. About to put the 993 diff cover on for insurance.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)