View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Yes I too would think that 6.5:1 C/R with intercooler and 100 octane fuel could support 1.2bar no problem, however I suspect the stock 3.0L CIS would lean out on top.
The fuel system on the 3.0L engines has the capacity to support a lot more HP than stock, however it is adjusted/set for 245/265HP. The settings are on the rich side so you can pump it up a bit before exceeding a safe mixture up top. How high I don't know. To go into no-mans land (beyond 1.0bar) will likely require a later model WUR, and even that may need to be modified. You just won't know until you get some gages on and measure. Also remember that higher octane fuel burns hotter, a stock 3.3L intercooler may prove inadequate as well depending on how the car is used/driven. A bigger oil cooler couldn't hurt.
All these things are considerations, I've never ran a 3.0L on 100 octane fuel at 1.2bar so can only guess what limitations would pop up.
the Wur ill look into while its out maybe theres a tweak out there,
Ive got 2 oil coolers in the car already, i have a Big Brass Tubed one up front im trying to decide what color to finish it, even wrap it in alfoil so it reflects heat, or just paint it matt black also have a beru oil cooler near the block,

When ihave my spark plug leads on correctly ( i just found out i had 4 and 6 backwards for the last few months and to think i thought it was running great , well normally eng temp sits on 90 celcius i think thats 200f when i drove to Adelaide which was 1400 kays the temp stayed steady on that even when driving through the hay plains desert which was pretty hot.

So ive got a cool running engine, with the ic will be even cooler, maybe even too cool while cruising possibly
Old 02-14-2014, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)