View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by torresmd View Post
I was told that my 1986 Slantnose was a special wishes car. How does one go about proving that? Did your car come with any documentation regarding this?
So far as I am aware the 911 Turbo SE as it was known in Europe was not an officially available model on the price list until late 1986 (1987 model year). In Europe it was Mansieur Ojjeh (of MacLaren TAG) that put the Slantnose on the map with his special order car in 1983. I know that other limited runs of them were made prior to that but most cars in the UK are 86-on models. I was of the belief that cars on or after that point had steel side slats whereas the Special Wishes cars made generally between 1983-1986 had fiberglass or balsa (I believe) side slats. I ended up in liaison with the factory via Porsche Cars GB (and Barry Smith of the 911 Turbo SE register at PCGB) to verify the provenance of my car. Porsche Cars GB issued a Certificate of Authenticity which must be possible in the US too. It was supplied by Samaco Bin Laden Porsche (the Jeddah main dealer) as a special order car.

The picture above was at the launch of the 997 Turbo, for which the local main dealer here wanted a 'history of 911 Turbo's on display'.

A few more pictures below, some of which were produced when my car was featured in 911 and Porscheworld Magazine some years back.

The white car in the pictures belongs to a friend of mine. It is one of just 7 Carrera 3.2 (non-turbo) factory Slantnoses that we have been able to trace.

Enjoy!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #752 (permalink)