View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by torresmd View Post
930SE, Thanks so much for that info. I would love to be able to have documentation to show that my car really was a special wishes car. Porsche NA provided me with a certificate of authenticity but all it states is that my car is a 1986 Turbo Coupe. My production date was 9-24-1985. I believe my slats are fiberglass because they are sill in really good shape and straight. My oil cooler is located in the front spoiler. I know that many of the factory slants had oil coolers in the right air duct if I am not mistaken. I wonder if the special wishes cars came with the front oil-cooler only or if this was variable.
Just checked my file and notes from Barry Smith (PCGB) and according to his input, the slats on the rear wings are wood on most genuine factory cars, but the inner wheel arch panel behind the slats is fibreglass on the pre-production models and steel on the M505/506 production models '87-on. Apologies for confusion.

I originally was sent a certificate stating that my car was a 911 Turbo. However when I challenged it, someone in Germany spent a couple of days in the archives (I believe) before confirming that my car's chassis number was a special order vehicle (which I can quite believe with its tacky gold gearknob centre for the Saudi first owner!). They reissued the certificate very efficiently. Strictly speaking I think that they were all Special Wishes - it was just the introduction in 1986 of the Slantnose option on the official price list that prompted the change in designation (which I believe coincided with the M505/506 option codes starting and the change in materials for the inner wings).

1986 911 Turbo SE ('C31')
Old 02-15-2014, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #756 (permalink)