View Single Post
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet83 View Post
Would like to ask if there is a book out there to purchase that would explain the mechanicals of these cars in a very simplistic form? Remember, Turtle had to explain to me what my wastegate pipe was. There may be no hope for me, if not, I can help support our local mechanics. Quattro, speaking of a fuel meter, foreign to me. WUR, warm up regulator? What does it do? Not looking for answers to those specific questions, but if there is a resource for someone like me? Sorry for the hijack. Anyone in the Tulsa area? I grill a killer ribeye, ribs are not bad either.
This K-Jetronic video is a good start. Note - it is not turbo-specific, so some of the turbo system components are not explained, but it is a good, basic explanation of the system.

Bosch K-Jetronic (CIS) explained - YouTube

The late Bruce Anderson's book, 911 Performance Handbook, is also an excellent, fairly easy, read. It also is not turbo specific, though there is a lot of turbo information in it, and of course, much of the fundamentals of the car are shared (regular 911 'v' 930). Also, there is much good information about the historic development of the various models and info on vin decoding and so forth.

Pelican Parts.com - Porsche 911 Performance Handbook

This website, developed by a guy that posts on Pelican, is excellent also (again, not turbo specific, but full of excellent info).

911 CIS Primer - Index
Old 02-16-2014, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)