View Single Post

Garage
There is a lot of people who lost there shirt in the past few years in 'collectable' cars, namely American cars from the 50's and 60's.

Hagerty bases the "value" of the cars not only on desirability, but demographics. Baby-boomers are starting to fall off the radar screen, and thus the people who find/found these cars of significance simply are falling by the wayside. Some responses from an earlier post I mentioned, people thought I was crazy mentioning the fact that the car of the future will make eventually diminish automobile racing a thing of the past. With no talent required in the future to drive, who(m) will identify with someone who can? That 'talent' will become irrelevant.

Youth is also a factor...todays kids are more interested in the latest I=Phone, or app. What we find of 'importance' doesn't mean others share that same sentiment. Turning 16 back in the day was a right of passage, as getting your drivers license was the 'norm'. The numbers don't support that anymore, as they are waiting later and later to do so, just as delaying marriage...they can't be bothered because it's an enormous amount of responsibility, and the days of affordable housing is non-existent.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)