View Single Post

I removed mine and sold it for 40 bucks years ago. I did vent it to atmosphere for a little while before removing it because I like the little woosh sound of it when you let off the gas during boosted acceleration upshifts. Sounds alot like a 962 during upshifts in the in car you tube videos I've watched.
With it removed and the hose connections plugged the motor decelerates quicker between upshifts.
Then RPMs match perfectly with the heavy stock clutch/flywheel assembly and the slow acting Porsche steel synchros in the gearbox during upshifts.

It bypasses air around the throttle body when intake manifold is high during deceleration so it's the same as not taking your foot off the gas pedal all the way during upshifts or decelerationg. It's just another miserable CIS emission control to help lower nitrogen oxide emissions while decelerationg.

With a CIS Flowtech modified lambda fuel head the mixture is not as lean during deceleration so the popping in the exhaust doesn't increase and become obnoxious in my car during deceleration, it just burbles nice.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)