View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
I have alot of respect for you guys tracking your 930s. They must be a handfull, espescially stockish. I autocrossed mine twice and that was a bit frustrating. As much as I love the car, I dont find it very "tossable", the gear changes are tough to do quickly espescially difficult to get a heal toe, and lastly I am a bit too sympathetic with the car and rarely want to take it past about 5500 rpm. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the lag. I still have the boat anchor stock hairdryer, so boost always hit when it was time to brake.
If you adjust the brake pedal linkage pushrod behind the floorboard a little shorter so the brake pedal hight is lower and closer to the gas pedal hight it's easy to heel and toe downshift in these cars.

It's kind of like a turnbuckle but don't go too far with it or it as brake pedal feel will suffer and then it might go over center on the linkage and that would be bad.

A gas pedal with the wider bottom helps too but isn't needed.

I've posted this pic before and it shows my pedals after adjusting the brake pedal hight lower.
It's easy and satisfying to blip the throttle with my heel to match revs perfectly while double clutching in nuetral to spin up the gear sets and quickly downshiftng to a lower gear while braking with my toe going into a corner now.

In an old BMW 2002 you don't have to adjust the pedals to do that.. they're set up right from the factory.

...and my glove box door isn't warped.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)