View Single Post
930T Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Because I have a mechanical NHS/VDO boost gauge with telltale in the dash where the clock was. I didn't want to leave the clock sitting on a shelf in my apartment or sell it and I like having the easy to read original analog clock in the car so I decided to look and see if I could fit it there and there is room.

So I carefully cut a hole in the carpet with a razor blade and then a snug fitting hole in the fiberboard stuff with a saber saw and installed it there using a hose clamp around the back side of the clock to hold it in there and keep it from falling out.

I like it and I wired the illumination bulb inside to the other instrument lights so it lights up with the rest of them when the parking lights are on. I can easily see it from my driving position and I look at it whenever I want to know the time and it keeps really good time.

There is an lcd clock in my radio when no music is playing but during the day there's always reflection glare on it so I can never see it.
Innovative place to put the clock! Do you ever get a sideways look from anyone when they see it there for the first time? I honestly overlooked it completely until someone else mentioned it.

I like the idea of where you mounted the voltmeter. Very cool stuff!!!

Chris.
2016 Cayman GT4
2012 911 Cup
Old 02-21-2014, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)