View Single Post

Garage
Some more obstacles to tackle:

As I've said before, I am lucky to have a car ( if one cares for that sort of thing) that is absolutely unique from the factory, you won't find one like it out there. However, a while back AAA backed out of the claim, since the repairs reached their clients claim limit. Well, now State Farm has taken over, and they called me today. They will send out an appraiser to look at the car, because they are not sure if the car should be totaled or not. Those were not the words used, but that's what it meant. This has been a steep learning curve regarding the US insurance business, where I am from this would be illegal. However, that is completely irrelevant right now.

I simply don't get it. When you see what nice 930's fetch these days, then consider that this car is literally unique, color, options, and also the fact that I have recently loaded a lot of money into it, paint and engine. It is unreal and very frustrating. You should see the emails I got from the AAA guy regarding the value of the car. He really did not know what he was looking at, and it seemed, he did not care. Now I hope I can properly demonstrate to the State Farm equivalent what kind of car we are discussing.

Today I sent the appraiser the CoA along with a seven page paper I wrote doing a comparative analysis of my car to other cars recently sold along with general market value adjusted for rarity.

Wish me luck.
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 02-21-2014 at 09:23 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)