View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrken View Post
This^^^
Jim posted a similar recommendation a few years ago and I mentally filed it away. A little later I was on my way to some event in a suit at night and I hit a pot hole and the car turned off like I used the key, no fuel pumps even with key on and the harness unplugged from the back of the fuel head. I went under the seat with the key on and wiggled the speed relay and the pumps went back on. I was on my way.
The next day I cleaned that relays pins and it has never happened again.
Thanks Jim! I owe you one.
IF that ends up being your problem (as many of us have experienced) and simply pulling the plug and cleaning doesn't do the trick, then pull off the can covering to get inside. Clean the back side of the circuit board with electrical contact spray cleaner, and re-solder every solder joint that you can get to...particularly those that go to the pins. That fixed mine permanently (until the next time, that is).
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)