View Single Post
Ornery Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by scottmandue
Aaron, I like Harleys (although not he first thing I would run out and buy if I had that kind of money burning a hole on my pocket) Out here in S, Cali Custom Harley's are all the rage, every legal assistant and investment banker HAS to have one! Straight pipes are almost required if nothing else to draw attention to your very EXPENSIVE shinny new toy!

It really doesn't bother me, my neighbors have to put up with my stereo although I have the courtesy to try not to crank it up after 9PM.

Back to freedom, safety, and deep sea fishing....
What about the person who squeezes tiny tires on big rims thus making his car unmanageable and therefor unsafe to the general public?

Hmmm.
Didn't mean to imply that you had anything against Harleys (personally I'm more partial to Honda's cruisers myself), I just meant that stock Harleys are OK in terms of legal noise limits (IIRC in Ohio it's a certain decibell limit at a certain distance). Here in rural Ohio though, most Harleys are not status symbols.

Aaron
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 05-03-2003, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)