View Single Post

Garage
Paul,

Sorry about that. I just realized that what I had posted was not complete.

Yes, I already had the black hose. It came with the cooler. I inspected the hose and it was still in very good condition inside and out. I would order at least 8' if not 10' of hose to allow some room flexibility for routing. Jacob is correct. Unless you have exactly the set up I do, some needs will be different. This is a particularly large cooler. If I were ordering one I would have gone smaller for packaging purposes. I could not resist the deal I got on this set up. At some point I may go with a DS fender mount cooler so it looks more original. We'll see.

Do you have your cooler? If not I would remove the front facia and mock everything up using a box of similar dimension and use rope if you have to to mimic the routing of the hoses to give you an idea of the amount of hose you will need.

If you will notice, I could have directly plumbed this into my oil lines if I were not running a fender mounted cooler. This is how it was set up in the slantnose. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I may be doing some work on the front this weekend and I will be removing the front facia. I can take some pictures at that time. IIRC I used existing holes and made some brackets to attach where the condensor would attach as I am not running any a/c. What's the point in this car anyway right. I was raised in AZ and live in humid TX. I can handle the heat, it's the cold that makes me whimper.

I will post some more pics if I get the bumper off this weekend.

Here is what I ordered from BAT.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)