View Single Post
Is very busy

Garage
Porsche Crest Allow me to introduce myself

Hello fellow Porsche owners! My name is Jason and I've been a longtime Porsche fan, but a new member to this forum.

My first Porsche was an '85 944, which I traded my '87 Toyota Supra Turbo for. I recently got rid of the 944 when I traded it off for a motorcycle, and I currently own an '86 944 Turbo (951), an '09 Cayenne GTS, and an '87 930 Slantnose Cab, but I'll be mostly talking about the Slantnose here

I bought my 930 Slant from an exotic car dealer in Dallas almost a year ago. My son and I absolutely fell in love with it at first sight, especially my son as he loves the Slants . The first owner was from Colorado, then the car was sold to an owner in California, and finally it was apparently sold again and made it here to Texas, where I'm the current owner . It currently has about 87000 miles on it.

According to the records it came with when I bought it, my 930 Slant began its life as a widebody Carrera (most likely the factory M491 option, but I'm not entirely sure), but was later converted (possibly dealer-converted) into a Slantnose with genuine Slantnose parts. Then it was further enhanced by Protomotive in California, complete with a 3.3L 930 engine and drivetrain.

Now for the goodies, the mods . It has the Protomotive Stage 3 setup with 545 hp at 1.25 bar of boost, T66 Garrett turbo, HKS electronic boost controller and wastegate, Forge blow-off valve, G50 5-speed trans with a 935 clutch setup, MSD ignition, larger Bosch fuel injectors, twin fuel pumps, turbo fuel pressure regulator, and Koni adjustable suspension. The wheels are 17" x 9" and 10" RUF Speedlines with Nitto NT 555 Extreme Perfs that are 235 in the front and 275 in the rear.

Some more performance specs from the records are a 0-60 time of 3.4 seconds, a 1/4 mile time of 10.8 seconds, and a top speed of 217 mph. The top speed may sound a little ridiculous, but it's apparently very possible with my car .

During my time as a non-member of the forum, I've been wondering about something with my 930 Slant. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe my car originally belonged to a fellow Pelican, speeed racr.

Okay, enough talk, now for some pics!

Here's my Slant with my 951, both in lovely Guards Red:

The rear with the top down:

The interior:

And last, but not least, the engine:

1987 930 Slantnose Cabriolet, 545 hp, Guards Red- Weekend cruiser
1986 944 Turbo (951), 350+hp, Guards Red- Track car
2005 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4x4, stock 282 hp, Silver- Daily driver
Old 02-27-2014, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)