View Single Post

I just looked at your list of modifications and it looks like you have CIS and it's set up about as good as it gets. You even have 7.5:1 compression ratio which I think would be all around better than stock 7:1 for driving on the street.
Anyway, with CIS and it's convoluted intake air plumbing and airflow meter back there near the firewall I don't see how any solid objects could get into the turbo intake and destroy the compressor wheel unless you were running with no air filter and tossing stones at the air sensor plate.

I've heard the chirping sound when there is no blow off valve opening right when closing the throttle under full boost in EFI motors. With CIS I don't know if the CIS airflow meter housing would muffle it too much to hear it over a loud exhaust.
I think you would have still heard it and I don't know if you have an after market BOV venting to atmosphere.
Your hybrid turbo may have been defective too.
Good luck with it. Those things are expensive.

Light weight faster spooling ceramic compressor wheels are coming and when they suck in something hard they shatter and blow to pieces.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)