View Single Post
930T Owner

Garage
Again everyone has their own opinion on what to get. I love the "anything more than 17" looks cartoonish" comments - I think it boils down to the design of the wheel.

If you want light - I would take a look at the Fikse Profil series of wheels. They build to suit and the Profil's are very light for a 3-piece wheel. Even an 18" wagon wheel ghetto ride skate like I have is under 20lbs. for an 18x11 rear.

The Profil's come in various design profiles like the Profil 10 which is similar to the FM10 that a lot of guys run, only lighter.

I personally run Fikse Profil 5S's as my backup set and ADV.1 5RS's as my primary set, BOTH in 18".

If you want my opinion - get what YOU want; not what everyone suggests.

Some good options: Fikse Profil Series: High Performance Wheels | Aluminum Wheels | Race Wheels

Forgeline: Great custom manufacturer with lots of experience in 930's: Forgeline: Welcome to Forgeline Motorsports

CCW: Custom Classic Wheel - I have used them extensively - I have a set of LM20's on my M3 right now and I have had three sets on my Supra - Complete Custom Wheel - Forged Aluminum Wheels - good manufacturer with well built wheels, but not as much options in finish and design as Forgeline. Great support though and fairly light.

Most of these guys will run you $4000-5000 for a set depending on what you do. If you want something more interesting then you're talking HRE/DPE/ADV.1 type stuff that can get pricey.

Overall, for the money, Fikse makes a great wheel that will hold up well over time and have great resale down the road if you get bored. Lots of guys like the product that Fikse makes.

You're welcome to come check out what I have sometime.

Chris.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)