View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
I don't have a motor stand and live in a small 3 room apartment so if I borrowed one it would take up all of my little kitchen.

I'm doing this because the exhaust valve guides were shot and it was using a lot of oil and it had low compression in number 6. It would foul the #6 spark plug regularly. I thought I would find some broken piston rings but they were all intact and the pistons look real nice.
Some cylinders look good and some are questionable and have some weird wear marks I've never seen before. I'll take some pics and upload them soon.

I've had the new Mahle pistons and cylinders in a sealed box for around 6 or 7 years now. I got them for $1800 off Rennlist in 2006 or 7 and I have a set of rebuilt 930 heads with new guides in them that I ported out to 40mm to match the 40mm injector blocks I have. I ported them last spring before it got hot out here. I don't have a garage, just a driveway so I do everything outside when the weather is nice.

I've been putting this off for a while because it still ran good while smoking a bit at times but the weather is great down here in S. Florida right now and I have the time at the moment so I decided to get it done.
I'm enjoying it and with the car jacked way up in back on jackstands and the bumper and quarter extensions removed I just sit on the ground behind the car or lay down under it while working on it and it's not bothering my back or neck at all.
I thought you bought the blue Ruf MRied had. I thought it was a 3.4l?
Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)