View Single Post

According to the tech article on this site, if you are not lowering too much, and you have a later model 911, you dont have to remove the torsion bar:

Pelican Technical Article: Lowering the 911 - 911 (1965-89) - 930 Turbo (1975-89)

If you have a later model 911, then youíre in luck, as you donít have to remove the torsion bar covers and radius arms to get at least some degree of adjustment. On these cars, the radius arms were equipped with an adjustment screw. To raise or lower the rear of the car, simply loosen the large nut and bolt closest to the torsion bar. Then rotate the other bolt located next to it. This bolt is eccentric, and will cause the rear of the car to be raised or lowered as you turn it. Adjust the height as described previously, and then tighten the bolt located nearest to the torsion bar. Make sure that you donít touch the two nuts located towards the rear of the car: these adjust the toe-in and the camber for the rear suspension, and should only be adjusted by a trained professional using an alignment rack.

This seems much easier than removing a stubborn torsion bar, no?
In infraredcalvins diagram, it looks like bolt #18 is the eccentric bolt that does the adjustment.

So my questions are: What is "later model"? I have an 88 and Paul has an 87.
How much can you lower it without removing the torsion bars? I would like to go about an inch lower.
Do I need a bump steer kit if I only lower it about an inch?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)