View Single Post

Bleeding Injectors – or not?

Hi – I replaced the fuel injectors on a 1982 930 stock 3.3 with new ones as part of winter maintenance. As recommended by RARLYL8T the steel lines were removed during the process to avoid bending them. When back together the system and control pressures were checked, and all is in spec. No leaks. I ran the fuel pumps to check control pressures by disconnecting the plug at the back of the air mixture thingy, vs jumping the pumps at the relay. I did not activate the plunger / sensor plate and gave no thought to priming the lines and injectors. Continued on with the other regular maintenance items and got 'er ready to go, anticipating that spring will arrive someday.

I don’t want to start the car until it's ready to drive, and last night we were at -20 celcius with lots of snow on the ground, so that’ll likely be another 5 weeks.

Now for today’s dumb question; will the car be unlikely to start unless the injectors are primed? There appear to be two schools of thought on priming. When the sun finally shines I want to be ready to fly, so if stuff has got to come off to access the sensor plate now's the time.

Quick opinion from the experts?

Thanks….Denis
Old 03-07-2014, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)