View Single Post
Banned

Hello Robby,

That spout next to the oil filter is part of the oil tank vent system that is not used on the turbo set-up, so that should be capped. The brake booster port is on the left side of the primary intake manifold and points directly at the left side of the engine bay wall/inner fender.

In the diagram above, that line you are asking about is the hose that goes from the diverter valve end cap to the curved spout of the primary intake manifold (I think you have that in place). It only looks like it is going to #7 in the diagram because they share the same inlet on the intake manifold (the one with the straight and curved combination spout. The straight portion needs a cap on it, and I think you said you have one on there now.

You can't leave any of the unused spouts open to air as that would crate a huge vacuum and boost leaks and would result in extremely rich running conditions (as in won't run for sh@t).

I also want to point out that with that very short section of hose, with the filter on it, leading from the oil tank vent (the one on the tank filler neck) you will get a tremendous amount of oil/water vapor out of there, which will be sucked in and blown all about (sounds like Paul ), by the engine fan. You might want to consider running a much longer length of hose down through the space near the right shock tower that leads to the ground. That way the fumes are vented outside.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 03-07-2014 at 06:49 PM..
Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)