View Single Post

Garage
I hate to put dirty and ugly parts back on the car, so some serious cleaning and prepping of parts take most of the time. Here the A-arms and assorted parts are ready for sanblasting and powder coating. The struts have been sanded and repainted with Rust-Oleum primer and paint. The color is a tad too bright/light (6001) as the correct color was not available from the distributor here in Norway (think that was 6010)

I purchased a cheap soda blaster that really works well to clean up dirty parts like the aluminium support bridge (or whatever) and other stuff. The radius arm will be Kadmium replated to the right color (its actually Zink plating) and I'm planning on doing it myself. I'm inspired by Proffighters plating jobs, so I have purchased a kit for yellow/gold zink plating. We'll see how that works out, and I'll post some pictures. Biggest challenge is going to get the parts clean enough.

1972 BMW 3.0S
Old 03-08-2014, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)