View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
Depends how much he is selling it for whether to get a PPI !

if its 20 or 30k buy it before someone beats you to it
^^^^ this ^^^^

At $43K with 112K miles I'd get a PPI. And this from a guy who's never gotten one - even on my 930.

Mine, with 105K, had also never been rebuilt. Dripped plenty of oil, but ran strong; good interior, good paint, no rust, new-ish clutch, two owner car so I bought it on the spot (for $22K). I figured that even if it had only another 10K good miles in it, I could probably drive it (as little as I drive my "toy" cars these days) for at least five years before having to dig into it. A year and a half later it still runs strong but, not being able to help myself, I pulled the motor last week and will be doing at least the top-end as well as converting to EFI.

If you're not a guy who's willing and able to DIY this thing, understand that a 930 with 112K miles (assuming the engine's never been done) could easily set you back $20K+ before you've even really gotten to know it.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)