View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Felt good to finally turn the chaos corner and begin re-assembly last night... alas, two steps forward, one step back.

2fwd: got back from paint, mocked up install of the valance and Setrab. That Setrab's an awesome piece and fits the valance perfectly. Lovin the look:

1back: While the pieces came out great... the paint don't match. Grrrrr. Too orange. Dunno how, I'd given him my already painted mirrors and rear bumper that he could have checked for match - d'oh. Goes back for re-do tomorrow, oh well.

And of course from the files of I RULE... I re-assembled the rear bumper and mirrors... and THEN noticed the mismatch. Awesome. Bonehead.

And then... ah... some D-Zug guudness. While Roland's shifter of theirs had some issues... this piece is fookin JEWELRY... sooooooooooo niiiiiiiiiiice. The welds and finish work are excellent, and it's featherlight. Can't wait to get the car back on the ground and install:

Time to pull the H1s for refurb. May have misplaced the ring 'clips' (wires)... fukk. Hope not. Doubting they're available?

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 03-09-2014 at 11:25 AM..
Old 03-09-2014, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)