View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredcalvin View Post
Hope I don't get busted for posting this:

1: jack up rear and place on jack stands, be sure you are not using the torsion bar covers as the jack stand support point.
2: remove tire
3: remove 4 bolts (30,31) from cover watch our for falling spacers (32)
(this is where mine is a little different because I have the early one piece style spring plates, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
4: remove bolts/nuts washer (18,19,20,17)
(now I'm assuming that the top piece of 16 will wiggle off to expose the torsion bar - otherwise you remove all the adjustment bolts, therefore bugger up your alignment and CB- someone again please chime in, on mine you remove the whole spring plate (16) as it's only one piece)
5: grab Torsion Bar (28) with tips of fingers and with super human strength (just in the tips mind you) pull out the TB until splines disengage from inner splines.

Someone please verify my steps 4 & 5...
So I decided to tackle this today. Bolts 18 and 19 above are total buggers to get off. Do I have to? Can I just remove the 4 bolts pictured below with green and red arrows and take the whole radius arm off, or is it a much better idea to find a way to get 18 and 19 off? Car is on jackstands and my appt for an alignment is the 18th, so I have to get this done before then. Any help appreciated!

Old 03-09-2014, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)